ABOUT THE FACULTY OF GEO-INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TERRITORY MANAGEMENT
The strategic goal of the faculty is to staff construction, education and science with qualified specialists with a high level of professional, creative and public activity.
The activity of the faculty is based on three main principles of world university rankings:
- academic and scientific reputation;
- reputation of faculty graduates among employers;
- academic mobility of students and teachers;
- quantitative and qualitative level of citation of scientific works.
Students acquire educational qualification levels of Bachelor and Master in the following specialties:
Ecology (specialization – Ecology and environmental protection): systematic training of ecologists; ensuring safe conditions for human life; ecological and economic calculations of closed technological cycles;
Heat and power engineering (specialization – Energy Management): systematic training of energy specialists for various branches of the economy; rational use of natural resources, resource and energy conservation;
Environmental protection technologies (specialization – Environmental protection technologies): systematic training of specialists in the implementation and operation of environmental protection technologies and ensuring environmental safety in economic sectors; technogenic and ecological safety of sustainable nature use and production;
Construction and civil engineering. Specializations:
- hydraulic construction: construction and operation of hydraulic structures for various purposes; analysis of the condition of hydraulic facilities; organization of remedial, underwater works; administrative and economic support of construction works;
- water supply and drainage: construction and operation of water supply and drainage systems; preparation of water for drinking and industrial use; use of secondary and renewable resources;
- heat and gas supply and ventilation: systematic training of specialists in the adjustment and operation of heat and gas supply systems, heating systems, hot water supply, ventilation, air conditioning, cleaning of harmful ventilation and technological emissions.
Graduates of the faculty have the opportunity to acquire engineering and management positions at enterprises, in state institutions, in the field of environmental protection, communal and industrial thermal energy, scientific organizations and regulatory bodies related to compliance with laws in the field of environmental protection, rational use of natural resources. They can carry out resource and energy surveys and audits.
The faculty participated in the publication of 5 scientific journals and professional scientific and technical collections, among which 2 are published in English. Cooperation agreements have been concluded with PJSC “Kyivgaz”, Herz Armaturen GMBH, LLC “Danfos – Ukraine”, Rehau GMBH, Vaillant Group, Vissmann, KAN Sp. z o. o, Association of manufacturers and suppliers of gas equipment, PJSC “Kyivvodokanal”. Together with the Vaillant Group, a modern laboratory was opened to train students using the latest equipment.
The history of the faculty begins with the founding of KPI (1898), where the sanitary and technical department was first created, which in 1930 became a structural unit of the Kyiv Construction Institute, and in 1944 acquired the status of its faculty. For a long time, the faculty was called sanitary and technical, and since 2014 it was renamed the Faculty of Engineering Systems and Ecology (FISE).
Dean of the faculty: Ph.D. professor
Oleksandr Viktorovych Prymak
The faculty consists of five departments:
- Water supply and drainage;
- Labor and environmental protection;
- Heating and gas supply and ventilation;
- Heating engineers;